All of the Yoga Classes at our studio are “Hatha” Yoga Classes. Under the umbrella of Hatha a number of particular styles have been developed such as Iyengar, Kundilini, Ashtanga, Anusara, and Bikram. Most of our classes are a blend of these different styles; read below for the specifics.
Group Class Descriptions
NEW STUDENTS to our studio often start by entering our ongoing classes. The appropriate class to start with depends on your background and physical condition. Please always introduce yourself to the teacher and let her/him know your level and experience. For those who prefer a more structured introduction, we offer a wonderful educational program periodically called Yoga 101.
Private and Semi-Private Sessions are wonderful for NEW as well as experienced yogis. You will work individually with a teacher at a time that is convenient for you. See our Private Training page for more information. We can also arrange for small groups of up to 8 who would like to start together.
Our Yoga Wall – All Levels class is a traditional yoga class taught in a multi-level format. Expect to start in a grounded position, some pranayama work, a warm-up including Sun Salutations and then time to explore your mind/body relationship with twists, balances, and stretches. Our Yoga Wall classes are limited to just 6 participants where we utilize straps and slings to find that middle path of “effort and ease” in our asanas. We finish with a lovely ahhhhhh savasana and leave refreshed and renewed.
***If Class is Full, Please Add Yourself To The WaitList, you will be notified if a space opens AND this is a great way for us to see the need for more classes!
Core Strength Yoga
The Triangle area’s premiere core & strength based yoga class is one of our signature classes here at The Contrology Garage. Core Strength Yoga integrates the Pilates philosophy, basic mat exercises, and Flow Yoga into one practice. In this multi-level class you will be challenged and leave invigorated. This class is for those with no physical limitations and with an above average level of fitness.
Yoga Student Guidelines
- Remove your shoes before entering the studio.
- Alert your instructor of any physical problems or medical conditions.
- Practice on an empty stomach.
- Arrive a few minutes early. If being late is unavoidable, please call the studio so we can have a mat set out for you upon your arrival.
- Wear clothing you can easily move in.
- Be kind and loving to yourself by accepting yourself as you are.
- Yoga is non-competitive, so abandon your competitive mind set.
- Acquire and use your own Yoga mat – it is great to build yogic energy on your own personal mat and it just makes sense for many reasons to purchase a blanket to go on top of our mat.
- Please turn off all cell phones and pagers during class!