Whether you are a beginner or an advanced practitioner, Pilates helps strengthen, firm and lengthen every part of your body. A unique combination of movement that combines stabilization, concentration, flow, breath, and precision, in a Pilates class, you will learn to experience movement using proper muscle groups with focus, control and form.
Here at The Contrology Garage, we are all committed to helping you achieve your goals. If you are new to the studio, we recommend that you discuss your fitness level and goals with one of our certified teachers in order for us to help you create an efficient program tailored to fit your needs. Once starting to incorporate Pilates into your routine, you can expect to feel a difference in your body after about a month of consistent practice. Most of our clients attend group classes or take private sessions 2-3 times per week. The frequency of exercise is important when you are first learning the technique and establishing a regular practice. We recommend that new clients attend classes 3 times per week for the first 2 weeks in order to establish a solid foundation and to achieve the best results. Below are various descriptions of some of our Pilates group class offerings.
PILATES GROUP CLASSES
On-Going Class Offerings-ONLINE
Pilates Mat Classes-CURRENTLY BEING OFFERED ONLINE
Pilates Mat will challenge your core strength and stability. Special attention is given to the abdominals, inner thighs, back and glute muscles. You will quickly realize why Pilates is referred to as the “science of control”……Contrology! Expect a more efficient golf swing, an improved tennis game, better posture, and a more positive outlook on life!
- Mat – All Levels is our standard 45-minute Mat Class taught at a consistent pace.
- Mat Sculpt – takes our traditional Mat Class and adds resistance. This class is geared toward those who are comfortable with the basic exercises and have no physical limitations. With the addition of light hand weights and bands you will sculpt and challenge yourself!
- Advanced Mat or Mat Challenge – is a 45 minute class that will challenge your body and mind with a brisk, invigorating classical advanced mat workout with crisp transitions. Due to the pace of the class, this is for experienced practitioners and teacher approval is recommended.
- Reformer on the Mat – Experience a 60-minute mat class that will blend mat with reformer exercises leaving you feeling very sweaty and invigorated.
- Mat with a Curve – In this mat/arc barrel workout, you will stretch out your hips, chest, upper back, and thighs all while creating stronger abdominals and balanced back muscles. It’s a fresh take on the classic mat exercises and provides both challenge and assistance from the barrel.
- Pilates on the Wall – This 45 minute intermediate to advanced mat class will use the wall to challenge and align the body for more stability and strength. The wall will help you feel the 2 way stretch in your body and help to create the opposition necessary to get the most out of each exercise. The wall will assist you in attaining a better teaser and help in many of the other common Pilates exercises that we “love to hate”.
- Mat Sculpt – Experience a classical Pilates Mat class with the addition of light hand weights to add a little extra resistance to the workout. Notice how the addition of light weights can change how your body feels in many of the exercises like Teaser, Rolling Like a Ball, the Series of 5, the Hundred, and more.
Pilates Equipment Classes
- Pilates Tower – Do you want to take your mat class to the next level? This class is limited to 6 participants and is often a client’s first experience on equipment. The tower, or half Cadillac, is a great piece of apparatus for students of all levels seeking to engage their powerhouse on a deeper level.
- Pilates Tower UNLEASHED – Classical Pilates meets contemporary Pilates in a class that shifts between and intermingles Tower & Reformer work! Challenge your strength, stability, flexibility, and stamina with the Reformer Half Cadillac Apparatus in our exciting NEW CLASS!
- Pilates Reformer – The Reformer…referred to by some of our new clients call it the “Transformer”. Come experience the benefits a of a complete session on this beautiful piece of equipment.
- Pilates Reformer ONLINE-
Work out from home. Some of our new clients call it the “Transformer”. Come experience the benefits aof a complete session on this beautiful piece of apparatus. Equipment Needed:Reformer
- Pilates Apparatus – A solid workout on the different Pilates apparatus…a brilliant way to align, invigorate, and tone your body! Experiences students only. Reformer, chair, and more.
- Pilates Apparatus/Jumpboard – Pilates Reformer with the use of the Jump Board…this is Pilates combined with cardio. Pilates Jump board is a nice Segway into the reformer. The exercises are challenging but less complicated then our pure Pilates Reformer classes! Experienced students only. If you are new to our studio, please sign up for a Private Session.
- Pilates Reformer/Tower– This is a full body workout that uses the Pilates Reformer for 25 mins and Pilates Tower for 25 min. If you are “NEW” to Reformer or have hit a plateau then this class is for you. By including both the Reformer and Tower classes into your routine you are more likely to keep your body guessing and see results more quickly. Variety is the spice of life…right?
- Wunda Chair/Mat Combo – This is a 55 minute wunderfully fun Wunda Chair and Mat combination workout. The Wunda chair is creatively incorporated into a full body Mat workout, turning it into a super effective body-sculpting sweat session! Pilates Mat experience is useful.
- Chair Challenge – Experience the challenge of the Wunda Chair, also affectionately known as The NYC Reformer. Stretch while you challenge your strength, stability, and stamina on this ingenious invention of Joseph Pilates. Class is limited to 5 participants.
- Pilates For Life – Pilates is for every BODY – Pilates is for LIFE! Pilates for Life is a class designed for those over 65 OR for those looking for a slower paced class. The participants have the opportunity to work on the Pilates apparatus for a 45 minute class at the same rate as our mat classes. The pace of this class may be slower but the focus is spot on. We LOVE this crew! Spaces fill quickly so pre-registration is key!
- Pilates For Life REFORMER- see above description. The participants have the opportunity to work on the Pilates Reformer for a 45 minute class at the same rate as our mat classes. The pace of this class may be slower but the focus is spot on. Spaces fill so pre-registration is key!
Other Class Offerings-CURRENTLY ONLINE
TRX 40 – This challenging class uses suspension and your own body weight to challenge and strengthen your whole body. Our classes have no jumping or high impact moves, so sneakers are not needed. Indoor shoes, non-skid socks or bare feet are welcomed when taking TRX class.
Physique40– Physique is a 40-minute signature Contrology Garage workout fusing cardio and resistance training in an elegant style. This class is designed to tighten, sculpt, and transform the body. Physique will target those trouble areas such as the triceps, thighs, glutes & abdominals and promises to deliver the results you have been looking for. Please wear socks with grip and bring water and a sweat towel.
- A Pair of 1-2lb Hand weights
- 2 RAD Recovery Rounds or 2 Tennis Balls (a 3rd smaller ball is a nice supplement for footwork if you have)
- Yoga Block or 2 Hardback Books (to get some lift)
- Blanket or Towel
- Improvise with other options you have;around the house!
Independent Workouts are opportunities for clients, who have studio approval, to spend 60 minutes in the studio working out independently. These sessions are not lead by a teacher although a teacher will be in the room at all times for safety. Priority on equipment is given to clients working in classes or taking private sessions. Sessions are charged at a Drop-In Mat Rate of $17.